Bali is one of those destinations that every traveler dreams of visiting. A mix of traditions, ancient culture, mysticism and incredible natural beauty.
Bali is an island that is surely worth visiting and enjoying every corner of it. Meeting local people would be an exciting experience. They will always smile at you with a special ‘island smile’.
A Few Interesting Facts About Bali
• Bali, known as “The Island of the Gods“, is one of the 17,500 islands of Indonesia.
• From all the Indonesian islands, Bali is the only non-Muslim one. The main religion is Hinduism.
• Although football is very popular, cock fighting is the national sport.
• The cuisine of the island is a mix of recipes from India, Malaysia and China. The locals always add ginger, chili, palm sugar and tamarind.
• Bali is also known as a paradise for surfers. There are tourists who travel there exclusively to practice surfing.
• It is said that the best spas of the world are concentrated in the city of Ubud.
7 Things to Know Before You Go to Bali
1. To enter The Bali island you need to have a passport with the expiration date not less than 6 months.
2. If you are one of those, who like to bring all kinds of souvenirs on their way home, you can buy anything you need, but beware! Valuable objects, whose age exceeds 50 years, require an export license and you can’t export anything related to turtlesor ivory.
3. The best time to travel to Bali is from May to September. The rainy season starts in October and finishes in April. The thing is that during the rainy season a heavy shower falls for a few hours and then the good weather is back.
4. A 7 day stay is a minimum to discover Bali. Although it is better to stay at least for two weeks. The island is bigger than it may seem.
5. You will surely be bitten by mosquitoes. So, it is recommended to use a good repellent and spend your nights inside a picturesque mosquito net. If you are lucky and are not bitten, please, let us know. Because you are a special case that has to be studied.
6. Don’t forget to bargain a lot, when buying something.
7. We do not know why or how, but the public transport on the island is practically nonexistent, inefficient and expensive. But there are some alternatives: rent a bike, hire a driver with a car or use Uber.
Bali is really a paradise island in Indonesia.
Things To Do at Bali
• Visit the most famous temples of the island. Bali has temples of its own beauty and style, unique for this world.
• Enjoy Ubud, the most artistic city in Bali. The city hides authentic treasures in every corner. Ubud invites to explore all its streets and alleys. At night the atmosphere is quiet and a bit bohemian.
• Go hiking and visit the volcanoes. If you like hiking and experience an incredible feeling after a climb, you shouldn’t miss walking up Batur and Bratan Volcanoes.
• Visit the rice fields. Another image that will surprise and impress you – the mountains with rice fields.
• Visit the cave of the bats. If you want to experience a unique sensation, one of the things that you must to do in your trip to Bali is visit the famous Temple of Pura Goa Lawah and hallucinate with the thousands of bats that live inside.
• Enjoy its culture. Bali is a religious island with a lot of traditions. They are demonstrated by numerous festivals, where you can appreciate typical dances and the local folklore.
• Relax on the north beaches. Bali is famous for being one of the best places in the world for surfing. If you want to relax in the sun and enjoy the beaches, avoid the surfing ones. There are a lot cliffs and the waves are strong.